Nest Protect - Test Optimization
Throughout out my summer at Nest, my main project was to improve and characterize the performance of an R&D smoke detector test setup. Through learning about the system, designing experiments, and analyzing data, I made setup modifications and documented testing procedures that decreased variation between runs by 15%. In addition to improving the setup design, I delivered a report outlining my methods, findings, and recommendations for future experimental procedures. This report was later used to implement my recommended changes in both R&D and production facilities. As a side project, I also completed the design, build, and assembly of a test setup for extraneous transience testing of the new generation of Nest Protects.